First Peoples Jewelers has a 30+ year history of designing fine pieces of jewelry for individuals. Whether you have family gems or diamonds you wish to restyle and have us create a unique piece of jewelry for you or a loved one, designers will work closely with you to create that one-of-a-kind masterpiece that you most desire.
Custom Design Process
We work with you to customize every detail of your special customized jewelry piece. The typical process includes:
- Sitting with you to determine your overall idea of what you want
- Choosing the type of item (we can create just about any type of custom jewelry. Rings and pendants are the most common, but we have done a wide variety of items including money clips, cuff links, and custom brooches.)
- Choose the material (We can use any type of metal including 14K and 18K gold, silver, and platinum).
- Sketch the item – this ensures that we have the right idea of what you want
- Wax mold – We create a wax mold of the item from the 3D rendering
- “Invest” the mold – basically creating mold with a plaster-of-paris type material
- “Debubblize” the mold – we put the mold in a vacuum to extract any bubbles
- “Burn-out” the mold – heat the mold at high temperatures for a long period of time to remove any wax and wax residue
- Cast the item – we melt gold in a crucible and pour it in the mold
- Break away the mold – once solidified we break away the mold revealing a ‘rough casting’
- Clean, polish, and insert stones
Custom Designed Jewelry Gallery